HIGH WATT DENSITY CARTRIDGE HEATERS
Elmec High Watt Density Cartridge Heaters are manufactured with most advanced technology and quality raw materials, enables usage with high watts in small spaces and advanced manufacturing process ensures our heaters are vibration proof and thus ensures excellent reliability in heavy duty working conditions (Like Plastic Processing, Printing, Packaging and automobile industries where the heaters are subjected to heavy vibrations). The high performance is achieved by correct installation of the cartridge heaters. The perfect fitness of the heater in the hole facilitates good heat exchange between the surfaces of heater and mass to be heated thus increases the heater life and reduces energy loss.
High Watt Density Cartridge Heaters With Built In Thermocouple
Cartridge heaters can be produced with built in ‘J’ or ‘K’ type thermocouples to provide heat control to increase heater life and to save energy
Junction at the bottom, ungrounded suitable to avoid disturbances to sensitive controllers.
Junction at center gives faster response. The control of the heat transfer in the application is possible.
Types Of Thermocouple
|J||Iron (+)||White||Constantan (-)||Red||-20°C to + 750°C|
|K||Chromel (+)||Yellow||Alumel (-)||Red||-20°C to + 1260°C|
TERMINAL LEAD OPTION
RIGHT ANGLE TYPE
WATT DENSITY VS FIT SIZE FOR CARTRIDGE HEATERS
Operating temperature of heater and fit size are major factors in determining the life expectancy of cartridge heaters. Select closest possible fit size for installing cartridge heaters for heating metal parts ref Fig-1 and Fig-2.
HIGH WATT DENSITY CARTRIDGE HEATERS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING DIAMETERS
|Metric Sizes Ømm||5||6.5||8||10||12.5||16||20||22||25|
|Inch Sizes Ømm||3/16||1/4||5/16||3/8||1/2||5/8||3/4||7/8||1|
Standard Cable length – Fibreglass cable 300mm long.
We also manufacture any non-standard Diameter; Length & Terminal lead option as per customers’ requirement.
|Plastic Processing Machineries||Shoe Machinery|
|Injection Moulding Machine||Packaging Equipment|
|Blow Moulding Machine||Moulds & Dies|
|Plastic Extruder & Extrusion Dies||Rubber Industry|
|Hot Runner Moulds||Chemical Industry|
|Hot Stamping||Heating Liquids|
|Food Processing||Power Plants|
|Medical Equipment||Automobile Industries and many more applications.|
Wherever there is a requirement of high watts in less space.
- High watt density cartridge heaters make it possible to have high watts in less space without sacrificing lifetime.
- Proof against shock and vibration.
- Excellent heat transfer.
- Maximum operating temperature 1400°F (750°C) on heater surface.
- Our heaters are cylindrically ground to have better surface contact and minimum hole tolerance.
- Leak proof Tig welded end cap prevents heater contamination due to the entry of any foreign materials.
- The tightest possible fit is recommended
- Prevent damages to hole surface while removing the heater.
- Excellent heat transfer.
- For easy fitting and removing the heater and to improve heater conductivity, a very thin layer of assembly get should be used on heater surface and should not be in contact with cables to avoid short circuit.
- Protect cables from physical damage, excess temperature and excess flexing etc.
- Use suitable temperature controllers like PID controller with SCR, Thyristor, mercury relay or solid-state power controls to increase the heater life.
- The sensor should be placed as close as possible to the heater (15mm).
- Use largest possible number of heaters to reduce watt densities.